Google

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Learning to Blog

So far my blogging experience has been frustrating to say the least. I sounded like an easy thing to do but it is a little more complicated than all the blogging gurus make it sound. Maybe I am just behind the learning curve and out of my element here but I am determined to figure this out. See, I am a writer; at least writing is what I last went to school to study. I don’t do much writing because I don’t have enough to say to write a novel, I don’t have enough expertise to write subject-matter articles, and I am not creative enough to write poetry or music. I write little snapshots of my life and that is about it. So starting a blog sounded like the perfect platform for me to say what I want, when I want and how I want. But I also want people to read it. That is where I have a lot to learn. What is RSS? What are metatags? How do you write HTML? These are just a few examples of the jargon I have encountered and I have no idea what it all means. Of course there are plenty of resources on the web to help me out but I have the tendency to over-research a topic and still not make much sense of it. It seems that whenever I stumble on a site filled with information it only leads me to more questions and when I click links to learn about something else, I forget what I started researching in the first place. So for now I have diverted my attention away from the technical aspect of creating a blog to just writing some content and get my ideas out there. I will return to the other blog stuff later and stop wasting time developing and designing the blog and just get down to writing.

No comments: